London BMX Race Series
LONDON BMX RACE SERIES 2018
Launched at the end of the 2013 season this is an annual club series hosted by the BMX racing clubs of London. The series aims to provide a platform for novice riders to get a taste of BMX racing within easy reach of central London whilst also providing an opportunity for more experienced riders.
- Hawks - 25/03/2018 Rd1,
- LDNBMX @ Brockwell Park - 29/04/2018 Rd2
- Peckham - 20/05/2018 Rd3
- Greenwich - 1/07/2018 Rd4
- Merton - 22/07/2018 Rd5
- Hackney @ Velopark - 7/10/2018 Rd6
Entry will only be available online via British Cycling for all events here.
Race day schedule.
9-10:30am Competitors sign in.
9:30-10:30am Track open for practice
10:30-11am Gate practice for 12 & Under
11-11:30am Gate practice for 13+
11:30-12 Lunch break (Track closed)
Series eligibility and awards
For the 2018 series riders will need to compete in 4 from 6 rounds to be eligible for the series ranking and to be awarded a Series trophy. (Series trophies will be presented at the final round)
Medals are presented to all Novice A and B Finalists at each Round. (when they finish their race)
Novice, Expert definitions and rules
- The London BMX series defines a Novice as a rider who is either in their first year of racing (new to BMX) or in their second year of racing and has competed in three or less races of the London BMX series from the previous year.
- At the end of a season if you are awarded a trophy as a Novice rider this then means you will race as an Expert for the next season.
- If you raced the 250Lonodn BMX series in 2107 and your name appears on our Experts Graduates list you will then race as an Expert from 2018.
View the Expert Graduates list here.
- The London BMX series defines an Expert as a rider who has competed in four or more races of the London series in a previous season.
For further event information please see our Facebook events here.